Wednesday, February 08, 2006

I Have Been Knitting, Really...

OK, so I haven't been posting so much. I really have been knitting but with the holidays and work, I haven't had any time to report on my latest activities. I even have trouble popping off an email or two to my mom in florida.

Let's see, what have I done lately (or in the middle of doing):

I did finish a hat and mitten set for myself. finally, something for me.

I've picked up the mitten and sock bug recently. so much fun and so quick to make. I've also fallen in love with knitting in the round on (gasp) double pointed needles. I've knit several pairs of mittens and a pair of socks.

When I was in Florida in December I picked up a bunch of super bulky yarn from Joann's. It was in the clearance bin for $1.50! I've decided to knit a nice bulky vest to wear around the house when the days are cold. I have one front side done and I just can't believe how fast this stuff knits up!

Oh, and the best thing! My husband coaches my daughter's basketball team and this past weekend we had a pizza party for the team at our home. Picture this, I'm trapped in the house with seven loud, out-of-control preteen girls. Now, this may sound weird from a mother of three but I don't like kids too much. Especially loud ones. So, needless to say, my nerves were getting just a little frazzled after about an hour. So, I pull out my trusty knitting to grasp a few minutes of sanity. Next thing I know, I have 4 girls sitting around wanting to knit. Several of them already knew how to knit so I just directed them toward the needles and yarn. A couple of them wanted to learn so I did my best to get them started. I don't think they were successful but at least they were quiet for a little while. My daughter also taught one of them how to knit on a loom. But the best thing is that later on my daughter came to me and asked me to teach her how to needle knit. She has always turned me down before when I would offer to show her so I was absolutely ecstatic when she asked me. Of course, I didn't let my happiness show. I made sure she thought she was bothering me lest I scare her off.

Oh yeah, my daughter picked up the needle knitting right away. I'm so proud.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home